9.16.2013

The Sweetest Gift

My sweet one,

Today is my 26th birthday.  I have so much to be thankful for and I am so blessed.  I see each and every day of my life as a gift.  But the greatest gift that I will enjoy on this side of eternity is you my precious girl.  You are growing up entirely too fast, and I know I won't be able to hold you in my arms for long because time is flying by.  Every time I pick you up it seems that you have grown farther down my body.  It breaks my heart that you will soon outgrow my lap, but as you know you will never outgrow my heart and you will always always be my little girl!  I'm so thankful for every single moment with you.  What an amazing blessing it is to be in your presence every day.  As always, you bring so much joy and sunshine.  You are like a little ray of light everywhere you go.    You keep me so entertained because you are learning so fast and our conversations are the funniest.  You surprise me everyday with your wit and your humor, your sweetness and your temper.  You don't hold back what you feel, and I hope you always stay that way.  I love you forever and these are the things I don't want to forget...

Every morning after you wake up and get dressed I sit you on the kitchen counter to fix your cup of milk.  Before we leave I lean down and we hug.  We call it our morning hug, and you hug me so tight. Every single morning. 

You are no longer just a mommy's girl.  You now insist that you are Mommy AND Daddy's girl. 

You torture our dogs in the sweetest possible way.  You are always trying to pick them up and put them in bed, or on the sofa, or outside.  You're trying to "help" but it drives them crazy.

You love to ride in or on anything.  Tractors, golf carts, bicycles, wagons, lawn mowers.  Anything.

You still say "my" when you should say "I".  The day you replace "my" with "I", mommy will cry.

You still come to work with me everyday and I cringe at the thought of someday dropping you off at preschool on my way to work.  Even though it's a full year away.

You are still a super picky eater.  But you will eat mostly anything if I tell you it's chicken (shrimp, fish, meatballs, turkey, etc.).  Don't worry, after you decide that it's yummy I tell you the truth.  If only it worked with fruit.

You dress yourself.  And I'm not allowed to help you in the slightest way.

You randomly tell me you love me and it makes my day, everyday.

I love you so much pretty baby.  And thank you Lord for the gift of my beautiful girl Kollyns.  Happy Birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment